Tuesday, February 3, 2015

'Remember Me' Movie Review

Well here we have, my first movie review. I have been holding off writing this for a very, very, long time now, but I finally decided 'Hey, I'm suppose to be watching like 12 other movies, and doing my homework. But instead lets write a movie review!' So here it is, the first movie I have seen this year, and the first one I will write about on the blog
Remember Me (2010)
Starring: Robert Pattinson, Emilie de Ravin, Pierce Brosnan, Chris Cooper, and Ruby Jerins.

Synopsis: Tyler (Robert Pattinson) has had a strained relationship with his father (Pierce Brosnan since a family tragedy. Rebellious and troubled, he thinks no one can understand his pain, then he meets Ally (Emilie de Ravin). Her warmth and spirit soon begin to heal him, and they fall in love. But just when Tyler begins to rediscover happiness and meaning in his life, emerging secrets threaten their romance.

That is the synopsis that was given to me via google, but honestly, I don't believe it does the movie justice. The first thing that its missing; is its not about falling in love, and if you have that in mind (Like I did) when you start the movie, you will be disappointed will find that its about something much greater.
So here, is my own synopsis detailed plot on the film (It may spoil small things that you learn in the middle of the movie, so forgive me.)

Troubled and broken Tyler Hawkins (Robert Pattinson) is still in the middle of recovering from his brothers suicide, cigarettes and writing letters to his brother is how he copes with it all. Until one day; when he's leaving the club with his best friend Aidan Hall (Tate Ellington), and two girls they met, he sees a fight break out in the ally. He goes and helps out the helpless people that are getting punched and kicked, and when the police come; they arrest everyone that is fighting, except Tyler and Aidan; who the two girls tell the cops were just trying to break up the fight. Tyler gets angry because the other people didn't start the fight and they don't deserve to be arrested, he yells at the cop; gets into a small fight, and gets arrested.
Later on his best friend finds out that the cop that arrested him; has a daughter, Ally Craig (Emilie de Ravin). He convinces him to date the girl, and then break up with her so he can get back at the cop. Problem is, he falls for her. 
Blah blah blah, things happen, they fall in love, its cute. But the real plot, is his family. His father, Charles Hawkins (Pierce Brosnan), has given up on all emotions, he never interacts with his son; Tyler, but most of all, his daughter, Caroline (Ruby Jerins) who honestly believe that she is unloved by her father. He stays at work all day, treating his daughter like nothing, he is just a person who buys her what she wants, but doesn't care for her. He only bails Tyler out of jail and gives him money, it isn't really said, whether he became like this through his sons death or not, but it is quite obvious that he has been like this for a while now.
The movie isn't about Tyler and Ally's relationship (though it is great, and the chemistry between the actors is amazing), it's about all the characters growth, Tyler healing and helping his dad and sister heal, helping his girlfriend Ally, who watched her mother get shot and killed by a group of people that mugged her and her mom when she was younger, heal. It's about Ally and her fathers relationship, which has been on the rocks since her mothers death; healing and being fixed. The movie is all about getting over your struggles and moving past them, its about living in the now, it's about healing from past scars.

No matter what you believe its about, you will be moved by it, When I finished the movie I had to sit in front of the screen for a few minutes and rethink what I just watched, its the type of movie that has you crying, laughing, screaming, and walking out of the theater (Or into the other room) with the bliss feeling that you get when you just watch a good movie.
Remember Me is definitely a movie I would watch again, and it is up there with my top 20 favorite movies. I laughed and cried, it was a very enjoyable movie; and one that I ran onto twitter to find other people who watched the movie to rant to.
The acting is great, I still can't get over Robert Pattinson and Ruby Jerins relationship; anytime they were on screen together I had to drop everything and pay attention, maybe it's because Tyler just looks so adorable when he takes care of his little sister.
Aidan Halls's character was hilarious, though a real jerk at times, I would have punched him for sure in many different moments. But no character was more annoying than Tyler's father, his stubborn and obliviousness was the most aggravating thing of the movie, which made the movie all the more better.

Rate: 9/10
Favorite Character: Caroline Hawkins!
Should You Watch it? Yes!   

Now, I tell you; tell me your opinion on it, if you have already seen it; tell me your opinions and if you liked it. But more importantly, tell me if you decided to watch it because of what I said, and than tell me if you liked it, I would love to know

I will now end with a photo of me and a giraffe back in summer 2014 at the Memphis Zoo.Good day that was. Enjoy yours today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment